Colorado is legendary for it’s backpacking, from the high peaks of Rocky Mountain National Park to the other worldly landscape of the Great Sand Dunes. Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides, a technical concessionaire for Rocky Mountain National Park specializes in backpacking ranging from 2-14 days with a variety of options spanning Colorado and Utah. Are you looking to summit a peak deep within the confines of Rocky Mountain National Park? Do you want to explore the towering sandstone columns of Canyonlands or Arches National Parks? Do you want to camp under the stars of the Great Sand Dunes or see the deep chasms of Black Canyon of the Gunnison? Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides will plan your perfect backpacking experience.
We’ll supply the group gear including tents, food, wilderness permits, and transportation to and from Boulder, and we have backpacks, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads available for rent. We’ll plan a route based on your ability level and ambition and we’ll even have the option to add a peak ascent or fly fishing component into the itinerary. We specialize in large groups and families as well and will plan a trip based around your group and the abilities of all ages. Call Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides to plan your Colorado backpacking trip today.
- Backpacking to the bottom of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison
- Training, Packing and Planning how to hike the long trails of America( Appalachian, PCT, Colorado Trail)
- Hiking the Continental Divide Trail
- Backpacking and climbing multiple 14,000 foot peaks
- backpacking to seldom visited fishing holes deep in the backcounty.