Come Work for Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides
We (Colorado Wilderness Rides And Guides) are a premiere, year-round, full-spectrum guiding service for wilderness tours and trips, adventure-based team building activities, transportation, safety training, event planning, and expert advice across the Rockies. We are committed to the highest standards of mountain travel and are composed of well-trained and experienced wilderness educators and guides. We are a local, custom guiding service that offers a variety of activities (including mountain biking, climbing, peak ascents, backpacking, hiking, fly-fishing, snowshoeing, photography, whitewater rafting, and backcountry skiing) to suit all levels of physical fitness and desire for adventure. Additionally, we instruct guide training and educational courses in wilderness medicine, avalanche education, climbing/backpacking / fly fishing/rafting training courses. We have demonstrated our commitment to environmental protection and ethical business practices and are looking for new employees that share the same values.
Professional Adventure Guide
- Upper Colorado Float Fly Fishing Guide
- AMGA Certified Climbing guide and AIARE Course lead
Professional Adventure Guide (Boulder)
Compensation: Hourly or day rate based on Experience
Job Type: Part-Time Seasonal
Our Guides are experienced and educated in a variety of adventure activities. They are proficient in and regularly participate in one or more of the following activities: Hiking, Backpacking, Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Sightseeing, Fly-Fishing, Snowshoeing, Whitewater Rafting, Back-country, and Nordic Skiing, and Outdoor Education and Corporate Team Building. Guides are required to be able to teach and facilitate these activities to the adventure-tourist guest who may have never experienced them before or to local and/or experienced guests that are looking to improve their education and skill sets.
We’re looking for experienced guides to join our team. We are in need of fly fishing guides that are comfortable taking clients float fishing on the Upper Colorado River. We have all the equipment needed for clients and the boats are based in our boathouse on the Upper Colorado River. We need an independent guide who is certified to lead guide on the Colorado River. We are also looking for technical Rock Climbing and Mountaineering guides for our newly expanded programs in Rocky Mountain National Park. We are also seeking guides able to take clients on Backpacking trips, lead whitewater rafting trips, and help guide our corporate groups and Team Building. All of our guides possess degrees in Outdoor Education, Recreation, Environmental Education, or a similar field, though it is not required. All guides must regard safety as their utmost priority and possess valid medical and professional training certifications. Guides must also be professional, personable, positive, and motivated to contribute to our companies’ overall goals. This is a part-time on-call position with full-time potential.
– At Least 25 Years Old
– Wilderness First Responder or Higher Medical Certification
– CPR Certification
– At least 5 years’ experience
– Expertise in Leave No Trace Principles
– Knowledge of Safety and Risk Management Procedures in the outdoors
– Clean Driving Record with Valid Driver’s License
– Ability to effectively teach activities, is as second nature to you as the activity itself.
– College Graduate Strongly Preferred with a Degree in Outdoor or Experiential Education, Environmental Science, Recreation, or a related field.
– All guides MUST possess a Minimum in Medical Training of a WFR Certification
Pay based on experience
Part-Time Hours during the season
Potential to work from May to Early November
Dynamic Work Environment with other experienced guides
Professional Development (AIARE, IMBA, AMGA, WMA)
Professional Purchase Discounts
2022 Summer Guides Required
- Upper Colorado Float Fly Fishing
- American Mountain Guide/IFMGA Guide:
Please send a cover letter and Resume along with any of your professional certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a video intern and video editor. This position is designed for the right individual to participant in adventure activities and trips in exchange for taking video footage of adventure trips, including drone video, and video editing of our existing video catalogue. Looking for someone who has previous experience with Video Storytelling and able to record and edit experiences into 30 seconds to 2 minute videos for Youtube, Vimeo, social media and our websites. We have a large volume of video footage we want to make into usable video's for distribution. We are looking for an honest, easy to work with, and organized individual to join our team. This individual is expected to be a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Very Strong Interpersonal communication Skills.
- Very Good Written Communication Skills.
- Organized and Responsive.
- Proficiency with available video editing tools
- Interest or Experience in Colorado Outdoor Activities (i.e. hiking, biking, climbing, skiing, water sports, photography, fishing, etc.).
- Proficiencies: Video Editing, Video Storytelling
- Access to computer for social media
- High interest in entrepreneurship helpful
Required for all prospective intern Inquires:
- Please provide example of your video's.
- Please describe experience with social media.
- Video experience and video for credits or your portfolio.
- Adventure Trip Participation (rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, sightseeing, leadership development, community impact, whitewater rafting, backpacking, peak ascents, fly fishing).
- Professional Development
- Access to pro accounts for gear purchases.
- Professional Outdoor Education Course Discounts - AIARE Avalanche Training, Wilderness First Responder Training and more.
Team Building and Leadership Development Facilitator
Our team building facilitators and experiential educators are experienced and educated in a variety of leadership development philosophies, models, team building activities, and adventure activity trainings (corporate leadership, outward bound models, experiential education, ropes course facilitation, professional athletic team development, military leadership development and more). Our facilitators and educators regularly participate in 90 minute to 2-hour onsite events and 4 hour to full day customized outdoors and wilderness themed team building events. Facilitators and educators are required to be able to teach and facilitate these activities to Corporations, non-profits, professional athletic teams, military and government organizations and more who may have never experienced them before or have never undergone extensive leadership and team building training and experiences.
We're looking for experienced experiential educators and team building facilitators to join our team. All of our team members possess degrees in Outdoor Education, Recreation, Environmental Education or a similar field, though it is not required. All educators must regard safety as their utmost priority and possess valid medical and professional training certifications. Educators must also be professional, personable, positive and motivated to contribute to our companies overall goals. This is a part-time on-call position with year round potential.
- At Least 25 Years Old
- Wilderness First Responder or Higher Medical Certification
- CPR Certification
- At least 5 years experience
- Knowledge of Safety and Risk Management Procedures in the outdoors
- Clean Driving Record with Valid Drivers License
- Ability to effectively teach activities is as second nature to you as the activity itself.- College Graduate with a Degree in Outdoor or Experiential Education, Environmental Science, Recreation or a related field
- Masters degree or higher in related field encouraged and preferred
- Certifications or training in Everything Disc, Myers-Briggs Types Indicator (MBTI), and The Leadership Circle encouraged but not required.
- Expertise in Leave No Trace Principles
Part Time Hours with Full Time Potential
Potential to work from April or May to Early November
Dynamic Work Environment with other experienced educators
Professional Purchase Discounts