Come backpack and explore the wilderness and backcountry of Rocky Mountain National Park through our custom and private backpacking trips. As the premier, local Colorado-owned, Rocky Mountain National Backpacking Outfitter, we can create an amazing trip tailored to your group’s desires to experience the park at a deeper level. All of our trips are custom and private. We can usually create itineraries based on our permits from 2 – 10 days. Please call our office for questions or to book your adventure.
- Friday, June 17th- Monday, June 20th- (4 days). East Inlet
- Wednesday, June 29th- Tuesday, July 5th -(7 days). North Inlet to East Inlet
- Wednesday, June 29th – Saturday, July 2nd – (4 days). Wild Basin to East Inlet (Thunder Lake).
- Saturday, July 2nd- Wednesday, July 6th – (5 days). East Inlet
- Monday, July 4th – Thursday, July 7th – (4 days). East Inlet Sold.
- Monday, July 4th – Thursday, July 7th – (4 days). Cow Creek to Lawn Lake Sold.
- Tuesday, July 12th- Thursday, July 14th – (3 days). Cow Creek to Lawn Lake Sold.
- Thursday, July 14th – Sunday, July 17th (4 days). Wild Basin (Thunder Lake)
- Thursday, July 14th – Thursday, July 21st (8 days). Wild Basin to East Inlet (Thunder Lake)
- Wednesday, July 20th – Sunday, July 24th (5 days). North Inlet Trailhead
- Thursday, July 28th – Tuesday, August 2nd (6 days). Wild Basin Trailhead (Ouzel Lake) Sold.
- Friday, July 29th – Monday, August 1st (4 days). Wild Basin Trailhead (Thunder Lake)
- Friday, July 29th – Monday, August 1st (4 days). Wild Basin to East Inlet (Thunder Lake)
- Monday, August 1st – Friday, August 5th – (5 days). East Inlet (Lake Verna).
- Thursday, August 4th – Sunday, August 7th – (4 days). Wild Basin (Ouzel Lake).
- Friday, August 12th – Monday, August 15th (4 days). Sandbeach Lake
- Thursday, August 18th – Wednesday, August 24th (7 days). Wild Basin to East Inlet (Thunder Lake).
- Thursday, August 18th – Sunday, August 21st (4 days). Wild Basin (Thunder Lake).
- Sunday, August 21st – Thursday, August 25th (5 days). East Inlet (Lake Verna).
- Thursday, August 25th – Monday, August 29th (5 days). Wild Basin to East Inlet (Thunder Lake).
- Monday, August 29th – Friday, September 2nd (5 days). East Inlet (Lake Verna).
- Thursday, September 1st – Monday, September 5th (5 days). Wild Basin to East Inlet (Thunder Lake).
- Monday, September 5th – Thursday, September 8th (4 days). East Inlet (Lake Verna).
- Thursday, September 15th – Sunday, September 18th (4 days). – Wild Basin (Thunder Lake).
Experience a taste of the tropics high in the Rockies! As its namesake suggests, Sandbeach Lake boasts a stretch of white sand wrapping around a stunning alpine lake, making it a perfect summer destination. The lake sits in the shadow of Long’s Peak surrounded by lush evergreen forests and National Parkland. This area also holds historic significance, as it was where the famous geologist John Wesley Powell camped on his way to the first successful ascent of Long’s Peak in 1868. At only 4.2 miles from the trailhead to the lake, this is a great trip for beginners and families. more information
East Inlet Fishing
With three different lakes and a connecting stream teeming with trout, this trek is a fly fisherman’s paradise. Because of its location on the less-visited western side of Rocky Mountain National Park, you’re likely to have your pick of fishing spots with little to no competition on this trip. This trail winds past some great small stream fishing in beautiful meadows and dense forests, and up to one of the largest fishable lakes in the Park, Lake Verna. Whether you prefer casting into a stream or an alpine lake, this trip is perfect for anglers of any skill level. more information
East Inlet Hiking
Located on the less crowded western side of Rocky Mountain National Park, this trip will take you to parts of the park few get to see. The hike winds through stunning wildflower-speckled alpine meadows, evergreen forests, and snow-capped peaks. Because this area is less trafficked than other parts of the Park, it is teeming with a variety of wildlife including moose, elk, and black bears. This trail also boasts three stunning alpine lakes, Lone Pine Lake, Lake Verna, and Spirit Lake. For those feeling a little more adventurous, this area is also a great location for an off-trail peak ascent. more information
This hike takes you past stunning waterfalls, babbling streams, alpine lakes, and awe-inspiring overlooks. With its abundance of water, the Ouzel Lake trip is ideal for anglers looking to land some high elevation trout. While the stream that runs alongside the trail offers plenty of great options for fishing, the real star of this trek is Ouzel Lake. The lake is one of the best destinations in the park for greenback cutthroat trout, set against a beautiful alpine backdrop. After fishing to your heart’s content, kick back and relax at one of the most secluded campsites in the Park, Upper Ouzel Creek. more information
A true gem of Rocky Mountain National Park, Wild Basin trailhead offers you a great experience. Along this path, you will be able to see winding streams, crystal lakes (Ouzel Lake and Thunder Lake), remote peaks, stunning wildflowers, and three waterfalls within three miles (Copeland Falls, Calypso Cascades, and Ouzel Falls). This trail offers a more private experience at Rocky Mountain National Park as it is remote and less trafficked, which allows for more wildlife spottings! Don’t miss out on the beautiful views and the pristine hiking and fishing that this trail offers. more information